Monday, March 29, 2010

Drunken Herbal Chicken Marinade

My mom and I were discussing what to have for dinner tonight, and we decided on chicken, whipped carrots with dried cranberries (it's seriously awesome), and a salad. So, what to do with the chicken? I felt the need to make a marinade, and in my fridge I found some fresh parsley, fresh basil, and white wine that nobody wanted to drink since it isn't all that good. Plus I had a lime that needed to be used soon. And so a marinade was started. I added in some more flavors, and let it sit for a while. Then my brother used his indoor electric grill (it's rainy and nasty so no one wanted to grill outside) and we had a tasty and easy Monday night feast.





Ingredients:

1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 shallots, diced
1 cup white wine (any will do)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lime, juiced
Salt and pepper
5-10 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs


Mix ingredients for marinade. Stab chicken a few times each with a fork, then add it to the marinade. Make sure all pieces are sufficiently covered, and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour, mixing and flipping pieces at least once.

Cook on grill until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Serve with lime wedges for extra flavor.


  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP