Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The herbs are ok

I know it's been a while since I posted new info about my herbs. And no, it's not because I forgot or anything lame like that, it's because they honestly hadn't changed much since my last update. There was a few days when I thought they were going to die, and that wasn't cool, but since it got warmer they've been doing much better and have actually grown a little! I'm going to start watering them with a fertilizer water thing that my dad made for our garden and I hope it will make the herbs grow to the point where I can actually use them. I did NOT expect it to take quite this long!

The basil has finely grown some new basil like leaves. After remaining unchanged for 2 months I was concerned that I had duds, but now I see actual progress. See how cute? It actually resembles basil now! I just want to gobble it up!


Now, the parsley I was really really worried about. It was not doing well at all. It was losing the green color and being all long and floppy and terrible and kind of shriveled  up. Thankfully it looks like an actual plant again! I rescued it! I probably wasn't watering it enough because of my fear of over-watering my herbs. But now the parsley is quickly on its' way to a full and healthy recovery, all for the purpose of being eaten! Mmmmmmm tasty....


The sage has always been pretty and healthy looking. The only real change is the leaves are bigger and cooler looking, and there is more of them. Enough said, check out the pic.


My dill is being kind of strange. It's growing well, but with a purple tint to it. Is this normal? I guess I just have to wait and see. It is steadily growing, so it's still doing well, right? Oh well, at least it's looks neat!


We've also started growing plants for the garden in the back yard. My dad and brother (with my help of course!) built this huge wooden structure for our garden, so we're pretty excited about it. They had to build such a big garden so the deer won't be able to just eat everything. I'll put up pics of it when we've planted some of the plants outside. Right now the peppers and tomatoes and eggplant are growing inside, and are doing quite well if I do say so myself! Here are some of the tomato plants! They're huge (compared to the herbs at least)!


So many growing things! Only problem now is how to get rid of all the stupid little flies. I'm going to blame my brother's orange tree for them. No way can my cute little herbs be at fault!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP