Sunday, July 4, 2010

Winning is fun

Well, this isn't a recipe, and it isn't advice, but instead it's even better. This is me telling you about how amazing I am! Why? Well, besides the obvious reasons, it's because I won a Food Network Magazine Secret Ingredient contest!!!

Every month, on the last page of their magazine they print a new ingredient. Then within that month it's up to readers to make their own recipe using that ingredient, much like an Iron Chef would.

On my second try I won. The ingredient was peanuts, and I had been making many types of semifreddo so I figured I could just go with that. But I needed a fruit to go with the peanut butter, and so I selected bananas. I made the ice cream, and poured it onto a graham cracker and peanut crust that I invented in order to have more peanuts in the recipe. It was good, but not awesome, so I changed it and made it again. It approached awesomeness. So I changed it again. And submitted the recipe.

Many things happened between then and now. That was in April. Now it's July. The point is that I won, and am currently in this month's Food Network Magazine. I won't post my recipe here, you just need to go buy the magazine to see it. It's pretty epic.

Oh yea, and I spent my $500 winnings this morning. It was fantastic!!

2 comments:

Davin July 6, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

so awesome, what did you buy? I haven't bought my copy yet, but as soon as i see it i will!

kelly July 11, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

ahh that's so fantastic!!! I used to get Food Network Magazine, but my subscription ran out. I'll have to grab this month's when I get back. Congrats!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP